The first module of our Program is the Entrepreneurial Mindset ‘Boot Camp’, an interactive 2-day course focused on experiential learning. It is based on an international program* designed to empower and inspire you on your innovation journey, by immersing you in real-world entrepreneurial experiences and changing your way of thinking.
” I thoroughly recommend that people involved with a start-up, at any stage of development, consider contacting CERI about its programmes. ” Dr Henry Esbenshade, CERIan, Class of November 2018
The module includes a two-hour introductory session and the two day boot camp.
- Monday 4 February (4.30-6.30pm) | Tuesday 12 & Wednesday 13 February (8.30-6.30pm)
- Monday 11 March (4.30-6.30pm) | Tuesday 19 & Wednesday 20 March (8.30am-6.30pm)
- Tuesday 7 May (4.30-6.30pm) | Monday 13 & Tuesday 14 May (8.30am-6.30pm)
- Wednesday 12 June (4.30-6.30pm) | Monday 17 & Tuesday 18 June (8.30am-6.30pm)
- Wednesday 31 July (4.30-6.30pm) | Monday 5 & Tuesday 6 August (8.30am-6.30pm)
- Tuesday 8 October (4.30-6.30pm) | Monday 14 & Tuesday 15 October (8.30am-6.30pm)
Who should apply?
- University students at a postgraduate level (Honours, Masters, including MBA) and PhD candidates
- Post docs, researchers and academics (at any stage in your career)
- University professional staff who support commercialisation or manage research teams
- Industry and business professionals
- Subject matter experts interested in supporting or mentoring startups
Upon completing the boot camp you will have:
- A fresh understanding of entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviours and skills
- An ability to identify social and situational factors that encourage or inhibit entrepreneurial behaviour
- Developed your ability to identify, evaluate and validate opportunities in ambiguous, real-world circumstances
- Met and interacted with entrepreneurs who will provide critical guidance and ongoing support
- Engaged with like-minded people, including CERI startup teams who are taking their research into real world enterprises
- Become part of the CERI community which connects you to a network of researchers, entrepreneurs, industry professionals, investors, support services and mentors
- The opportunity to attend Module Two: Concept to Creation, a 14-week program designed to take you through the steps you need to know to take your research from concept to commercialisation. The Boot Camp is a prerequisite for Module Two
- Individual applicants selected to attend will, in some cases, be offered a full $5,000 scholarship to attend module one and two (subject to successful completion of module one). Partial scholarships are also available.
- $25.00 for the pre-reading for Module One (this is the only upfront cost for full scholarship holders).
- Catering is provided to all participants.
- A commitment to attend the Boot Camp and become an active member of the CERI community (places fill quickly and we have a waitlist; please only apply if you are able to attend all sessions).
*The Entrepreneurial Mindset Module is based on the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program offered by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative. IHEP is designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamentals aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset as an essential life skill. CERI is the first organisation to implement this unique program in Australia.